Just like at the mailing list mentioned, the upgrade message persists under some circumstances.
With the first RC it went away after the cache expiration time (standard value of one day), so I'm confident it will be with this RC too.
My upgrade method:
- stopping virtual web server
- delete everything except data, conf and, if applies, a template folder
- "overwrite" with current version
- starting virtual web server
> -----Original Message-----
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org
] On Behalf Of Andreas Gohr
> Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 4:13 PM
> To: email@example.com
> Subject: [dokuwiki] Re: New release notification persist
> On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 15:48:22 +0200
> Niccolo wrote:
> > Hello!
> > I just upgraded to dokuwiki-rc2006-10-08, but the message
> > persists:
> > New release available: rc2006-10-08. Fixes a XSS vulnerability
> > - upgrade now! 
> > The file conf/msg contains now the number 5. I'm doing something
> > wrong?
> Hmm... this shouldn't happen. You probably still get the
> cached old message, but I don't know why. You can forcibly
> delete the message cache by deleting the data/cache/messages.txt file.
Some data from my used systems:
- Server: Win2k, IIS5, PHP5.1.6, local NTFS drive (full file permissions)
- Client: WinXP, Firefox2 (beta) (with cleaned cache and logoff/on @ DW)