I try to install Dokuwiki, copied the files to the public HTML dir of Apache, chnaged config/dokuwiki.php and chmod the writable dirs, then when I try to view it, it causes Apache's subprocess to segfault. PHP produces no error outputs b4 segfault no matter wich loglevel I used. I used PHP cli to interprete docu.php but no output is produced.
I also tried Dokuwiki 2004-11-08 and the problem presists. By other PHP scripts seems to work fine.
I'm running Ubuntu Hoary with:
- Apache 2.0.53-4ubuntu1
- mod_php4 3.4.10-2ubuntu4
- php_mmcache 2.4.6-8
- php_imagick 0.9.7-1.3
- php_gd2 4.3.2+rc3-2
- php_auth_pam 0.4-3
- php_apd 0.4p2-3
- php_mysql 4.3.10-2ubuntu4
correction: the previous version I tried was Dokuwiki 2004-11-10.
php_mmcache - Is this turckmm ? PHP 4.3.10 did break turckmm and older Versions of Zend Optimizer and possibly other optimizers. I'm not sure if this is the problem. However PHP code should never crash the PHP process - if it does it's a PHP bug or a bug in the build.
This might be the settings for PHP's session handling. Just today when I tried to run Dokuwiki the php dll segfaulted my apache. My php.ini hasn't been tweaked much and I found the default session handler was set to use files as described by this line:
session.save_handler = files
If yours is the same, what was causing it to crash out was that my session.save_path wasn't set properly (I'm running on WinXP) as it was set to /tmp. I changed it to C:\\Windows\\temp and the problem was solved. If you're also running a Win32 you'll definately have to do something like that. If your running *nix you may want to check the permissions on /tmp (although I can't imagine why /tmp wouldn't be writable).
If no feedback comes back I will close this task, soon.
Sorry the notification email was burried in my inbox.
@DaveDoyle: My session config is fine. I use Ubuntu/Debian and all defaults are set correctly.
I dug around a bit more and here's what I found:
I disabled all extensions and still no output. Though no segfault this time. I narrowed it to mmcache was the one causing the segfault, so I disabled it.
I dug around a bit more and found this line in local.php:
It caused a circular reference. I commented it out and it worked fine now.
I also re-enabled mmchache and it still works, no segfaults.
Obviously it was my mistake to forget to comment it out after I copied dokuwiki.php --> local.php
Sorry about it. Thanks for your help.