This is a static dump of issues in the old "Flyspray" bugtracker for DokuWiki. Bugs and feature requests
are now tracked at the issue tracker at Github.
FS#1036 Replace Sack with JsHttpRequest
I suggest to replace the Sack with simplier and more advanced JsHttpRequest library and it's RemoteScript plugin interface.
1. adds transparent AJAX support, even if browsers does not support XMLHttpRequest
2. implements XMLHttpRequest-compatible interface
3. support file uploading
4. allows to send complete form to the server
5. backend does parse the raw POST/GET data, which solves all encoding-related incompatibilities
6. automatic browser recognition allows to remove checks, like you do in the spellcheck.php and other callbacks